Author: Andie posted in Ada Sailing's Summer on 2016-07-04 00:00:00
Ada Sailing Shares its Top 10 Tips for Relaxation
There’s no time like to present to put a bookmark in your busy life and take up the art of relaxation. It does a body good to relax, decompress and reset your emotional and physical well-being. In fact, relaxing on a regular basis comes with essential benefits for a well-balanced lifestyle.
• Lowers blood pressure and the chance of stroke or heart-related conditions
• Decreases mood swings and irritability
• Reduces the risk of depression
• Quickens mental recall
Keep your mind, body and spirit free from harmful stress with these Top 10 Tips for maximum relaxation:
1. Take a nap or devise a bedtime ritual
2. Watch a movie
3. Read a book
4. Go for a walk or bike ride on a sunny day
5. Lighten the load by ridding your surroundings of clutter
6. Take a hot bath
7. Cook up your favorite meal
8. Keep a journal
9. Help a loved one with a hands-on project
10. Talk with a trusted friend, colleague or professional
These Top 10 Tips are just a start. There’s so much more you can do including taking time off. Studies show that carving out time for a well-deserved holiday can make all the difference to your health and life perspective. Plus, getting out of your “regularly scheduled program” will help you decompress and put a little fun back in your life.
Naturally, we are partial to holidays spent in Puerto Vallarta. The sun, surf and sand make for a perfect relaxation setting. The warm Mexican sun, soft sand, endless gourmet delights, and welcoming culture can make all the difference.
In fact, there are a number of things you can do to relax in Puerto Vallarta. Sure, there are massages and spa from any of Puerto Vallarta’s many spas and health facilities, but there are also a number of other ways to relax while on holiday. Below are some of our Top 10 Tips:
1. Get Lost on the Malecon – If losing yourself in the crowd is relaxing for you, then we highly recommend this urban hotspot. The Malecon is a boardwalk that offers quaint shops, a wide range of restaurants, clubs and bars, street performances, sandcastles, colorful buildings, a string of bronze sculptures, even dancing to live entertainment on Sunday afternoons.
2. Head for the Skies – Head for the beach (particularly Los Muertos Beach in Zona Romantica) and catch the breeze as you soar over the glistening Banderas Bay. Parasailing is both exhilarating and relaxing, if you don’t mind high altitudes and endless smiles!
3. Tour It Up – Lose yourself in one of Puerto Vallarta’s many tours: food, museums, art galleries, zoo, botanical gardens, tequila and whale watching.
4. Snorkel or Scuba Dive in an Underwater Wonderland – If you like to explore, then you’ll love the snorkeling or scuba diving options at Los Arcos or Las Marietas.
5. Fore! – Golf can be one of the best ways to relax. Try your skills on one of Puerto Vallarta's 7 world-class golf courses.
6. Shop ‘Til You Drop – If “retail therapy” is your cup of tea, then Puerto Vallarta has you covered with a wide range of shopping options. From strolling through El Centro Mercado Municipal’s flea market to catching the latest trends in our elegant Liverpool Mall, you’ll find a wealth of must-buy treasures.
7. Hit the Road – Nothing says freedom more than renting a car and hitting the road. A northern journey along the Banderas Bay coastline will take you to Bucerias, La Cruz and Sayulita while a southern journey will take you to Conchas Chinas, Boca de Tomatlan and Mismaloya. If you’re feeling especially adventurous, take to the waters in a panga (water taxi) to the beach hideaway of Yelapa. Dine, shop and relax on the yellow sand as you soak up the laid-back vibe. Perfect for a day-trip or weekend getaway.
8. Catch the Big One – The Banderas Bay is perfect for deep sea fishing. Rent a boat and have its crew take you out to catch everything from Yellow Fin Tuna to Dorado (Mahi Mahi).
9. Get Involved – Many travelers enjoy the relaxation of voluntourism. Give of your time, talents and energies to help others like the IFC Cleft Palate program, the SPCA de PV and the Vallarta Navy League.
10. Jump in the Water – If the crash of ocean waves and smell of salty air instantly relaxes you, then consider one of our unforgettable sailing adventures. Our crew will treat you to unforgettable first-class service as you enjoy the sights and sounds of the Banderas Bay.